A friend at work was given the challenge to make a list of 100 things she likes. Anything. As she was talking about how difficult it was for her, I began rambling off all of the things that even I knew of, which fit on her list. If I can do this someone I’ve known less than a year, surely making MY list would be a piece of cake (which sounds dee-lish right now, by the way). I gave myself one rule- no people allowed on the list.
Maybe I should be ashamed to admit this, but I wrote two things before I had to stop and think. Diet Coke and turtlenecks… pathetic, huh? Of course, after a short pause and a commercial that reminded me of funnel cakes, I went to town. Now my list includes 22 food/candy items, Diet Coke, and turtlenecks. It was time for bed and we sleep when we can now that Little Bit is teething and nights are unpredictable, so that’s my list for now. I might finish it, but probably not.
After reading a blog of one of my super-fun co-workers, I was inspired to change it up a bit. Instead of 100 random things I like, I’ve made a list of 12 things I get to daily experience the awesomeness of. Thanks, C. Hahn (www.coffeeandmeetings.blogspot.com), squeeze jelly might be Todd’s number one. Anyway, my list (in no particular order)…
1. A ginormous, comfy bed
2. XM Radio, specifically channel 17- Prime Country (that’s 90’s country… and don’t judge)
3. Big ol’ baby grins and belly laughs
4. DVR
5. A God who loves ME just as I am
6. Having a dog watching at the window and waiting for me each day I pull into the driveway
7. Chocolate- in any form, and yes… everyday.
8. Disposable diapers
9. A phone- being able to press a few buttons and talk to anyone, anywhere in the world is still amazing to me
10. Getting to live with Todd Kelly
11. Hair products- anything that will lessen the “finger in light socket” look
12. A car- not having to walk everywhere I want to go is just awesome!
Just a few things I enjoy each day among many, many others. What about you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Meet My Amazing Friend!
Meet my friend, Amanda... Isn't she pretty? :) I met Amanda at a post-college group held at our Church here in Lexington. I knew r...
-
A friend at work was given the challenge to make a list of 100 things she likes. Anything. As she was talking about how difficult it was f...
-
I know, I know… I’ve taken quite the hiatus lately! However, does it really count as a hiatus if you’ve only written four times? Well, sin...
-
Oh, so much has happened since the last time I wrote, I’m not even sure where to begin! One BIG change in the Kelly household is me, litera...
Love your list! And love your blog:)
ReplyDeleteWay to get your thankfullness on! :-)
ReplyDelete