Sunday, January 9, 2011

Reflections

“What a difference a year makes” has never been more true in my life until 2010!  This sweet, little girl has turned our world upside down.  Never would I have thought that waking up at 8:00am was really sleeping in, that we would participate in early bird specials before 60, mapping out naptime options would be critical before setting out for anything, having drool spots is to be expected on any colored shirt, or that a certain baby’s laugh alone could fill my heart with such joy. 
It’s been a year schedules, routines, and major adjustments in this household.  Some expected, some not so much.  Everyone knows that with a baby comes endless diaper changes, singing silly songs, sleepless nights, and lots of oohing and aaahing, clapping for every little victory, and lots of sweet, sloppy kisses. 
What I wasn’t prepared for was how much of a tag team event our days are… you play with her and I’ll get dinner ready, you get her ready to go and I’ll take a shower- I could go on and on!  Also wasn’t prepared for how much stress an unhappy baby can create.  Ever tried driving in the car with a screaming baby???  I think that situation alone would test the healthiest of marriages.  Nobody warned me that having a baby throws your emotions into crazy overdrive either…. Whoa mama, was NOT prepared for that.  These days I’m lucky to hold it together through Hallmark commercials (I know you are proud, Nicole).  Also, the enormity of knowing that God has entrusted US be her parents and raise her (I’m starting to panic now, just typing it!).
Todd and I have grown so much as a team, we have loved in a way that we never knew our hearts had the capacity to, and we given lots of thanks to a God who has blessed us abundantly this year.  While it might now have been what we expected, it was definitely our best year yet! 
Instead of a New Years resolution for 2011, I have made some goals for the year and have chosen a word to live by- Intentional.  You’ll hear more about this later.  I have been feeling that unrelenting pressure to update that I mentioned in my first blog, so I can rest easy tonight!  Until next time…  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet My Amazing Friend!

Meet my friend, Amanda... Isn't she pretty? :) I met Amanda at a post-college group held at our Church here in Lexington.  I knew r...