Saturday, December 18, 2010

Oh Christmas Cards...

One of my favorite things (among many others) about this time of year is opening the mailbox each day and finding REAL mail. Hark... it's Christmas card season! I can't get them out of Todd's hands fast enough to read, and even more so if there is a "here's what we've been doing all year" letter included! I even check and re-check our pile each night, just to make sure I didn't overlook one.

All that excitement, yet every year when it comes time to make our card to send... I go through the pouty "it'll just be thrown away" phase and act like we just won't do them. This year I piddled around much longer than usual, and then pannicked Tuesday night and ordered them. Shheww, I was relieved that we wouldn't be the only family who didn't send Christmas cards this year. I had no list before ordering them and addressed them as the names came to me... total disorganization (why some of you might not have received one). I'm sorry! I know, I know Mom- next year a list (and more organization) will be in order.

Today, I got a message from one of my friends' grandmothers. You'd have to know this family to understand (a long line of major talkers), but it was three minutes worth of thanking us for the card and how it just made her day. She even ended the message with "thank you from the bottom of my heart"... wow. It wasn't anything super special, not even one of the cool letters went out with ours, but it brought her joy. Totally worth it. I love Christmas cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meet My Amazing Friend!

Meet my friend, Amanda... Isn't she pretty? :) I met Amanda at a post-college group held at our Church here in Lexington.  I knew r...